The privacy and security of your personal information is very important to us. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in complying with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (CAP 486) (referred to herin as the “Ordinance”).
2. Collection of Personal Data
We obtain your personal data directly when you:
- make a purchase from our website
- create an account on our website
- create a gift registry on our website
- subscribe to our mailing list or newsletters
- become a Facebook friend
- contact us by email or telephone or send us any correspondance
In such instances, you would have generally provided us your personal data voluntarily.
We may also collect information indirectly from you when :
- you visit or browse our website
- you are referred to us by your friends or other wedding vendors
- your details are entered as a co-registrant on a joint registry
- you have been invited to use our RSVP service as an invitee to an event hosted by one of our registrants
3. Types of Personal Data Collected
For the purposes of operating our business, the information that we collect includes but is not limited to:
- your name
- your delivery/service/billing/correspondance address
- payment details including credit card information, bank account details, or other bank information
- contact details including a contact number and email address
- recording of a call you may have made to our telephone number
- an email, letter or other record of contact you may have made to us
- your account information
4. How We Use Your Personal Information
We use the information you provide about yourself via our website or through correspondence with us to perform the service you have requested and may use that Information to provide you with about our products, promotions, events and services that may be of interest to you.
We may use your personal information in a variety of ways including but not limited to:
- for the creation of an account in our database
- for the creation of a registry gift list in our database
- to help with the confirmation/ administration/ fulfillment/delivery of an order or a registry
- respond to your customer service enquiries or requests
- for business research and analysis
- to communicate special offers, products, promotions, events or services that we think may be beneficial to you, if you choose to receive such notices
- for the customization of your experience on our website
As we continue to develop our business, we might sell certain of our assets. In such transactions, user information, including personal information, generally is one of the transferred business assets, and by submitting your personal information on this site you agree that your data may be transferred to such parties in these circumstances. You may choose not to have your information transferred as a business asset by contacting us.
Opt Out and Managing Your Preferences
You may choose whether or not you would like to receive Email from us. If at any time you do not wish to receive communications from us, you may change your preferences with respect to Email at any time clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of each Email you receive from us, or emailing us at email@example.com.
5. How We Protect Your Personal Information
In our efforts to protect your personal data, we use generally accepted standards for safeguards including administrative, technical and physical measures.
One of the security techniques we use for online transactions is a technology called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). If your browser is capable of SSL (and most are), your sensitive information will be automatically encrypted, or encoded, before it is sent over the Internet.
Your personal information is also protected by a Password created when you created an account or registry with us. Please keep this Password confidential. You may change it anytime by logging into Your Account.
You need to work to protect against unauthorized access to your Password and to your computer by signing off once you have finished using a shared computer. You are responsible for all actions taken with your loginand password. Therefore we recommend that you do not disclose your password to any third parties. If you choose to share your login and password, or your personal information with third parties, you are responsible for all actions taken with your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change your password.
DH shall not be liable for effects of changes, damages or consequences of unauthorized access to your account.
We work hard to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss, or disclosure. Please be aware that no data transmission over the internet can ever be entirely secure and may be prone to error. While we take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security, privacy or confidentiality of the personal information that you transmit to us, thus any transmission is at your own risk.
6. Cookies/ IP Addresses/Other Computer Information
When you visit our website, you will be assigned a "cookie" (a small text file) to be stored on your computer's hard drive. The purpose of the cookie is to identify you when you visit our site so we can enhance and customize your online experience.
You can choose to visit our website without cookies, but without these identifying files you will not be able to take advantage of certain desirable features of our site. These features include remembering your login (so you don't have to remember your number) and providing a more personalized online experience. To visit without cookies, you can configure your browser to reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.) Please note that by disabling cookies, you may experience a loss of website functionality and may not enjoy a full shopping experience with us.
We also collect certain technical information from your computer each time you request a page during a visit to our website. This information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your computer's operating system, browser type and the address of a referring Web site, if any. We collect this information to enhance the quality of your experience during your visit to our site and will not sell or rent this information to any third parties.
We use various website analytics tools and technologies regarding activities on our web site and within our mobile app that require storage of web session data. The overall aim of these tools is to aid in making the website easy to use and to proactively identify and correct error conditions. These tools and technologies are also used to assist web site visitors who report problems in the use of our website. Stored web session data is never sold or rented to third parties and is purged when these purposes have been fulfilled.
7. Links to Other Websites
8. How to Access or Revise Your Personal Information
You have certain rights under the Ordinance to :
- Amend/correct any personal information that we hold about you
- To request us to cease sending marketing materials to you
- To request a copy of your personal information held
If you would like to access, correct or delete any personal information we hold about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Email Communications
If you choose to receive periodic communications from us, we may from time to time send you email messages describing new promotions, products, special offers or events. You can choose to stop receiving these emails at any time. If you do not wish to receive these offers, you may discontinue at any time by using the "Unsubscribe" feature included on each email message.
10. Legal Disclaimer
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process on our Web site.
12. Contact Us
We have taken great measures to ensure that your visit to this site is an excellent one and that your privacy is constantly respected. If you have any questions, comments or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.